Friday, September 11, 2009

NeoSure vs EnfaCare






           VS





So like a lot of mom's that have new baby's in the NICU I pumped my breast milk and froze it for him to have when he could finally eat. Every three hours I headed off to the pumping room for 6 weeks. It was horrible. It was hard to keep my milk with just pumping plus that was time away from Dakota. I knew that I needed to do it so he could have the milk aka "liquid gold" in the hospital. It is the best thing for baby's especially the babies who have a rough start. So I did it. My milk lasted for 6 weeks. Then we switched to "preemie formula". The formula is fortified with extra calories and vitamins to help them gained much needed weight. There are two brands out there, NeoSure and EnfaCare. We used both with Dakota. Our insurance paid for some at the beginning when he came home on a feeding tube. That was nice let me tell you. It is more expensive just like everything else is with a preemie baby. Dakota did ok on both as far as digesting it. The taste was not that big of an issue obviously at first because it went straight into his stomach through the tube in his nose. But when we were trying to teach him how to eat from a bottle the hospital let him try both. It ate so much better when it was the NeoSure. So that is what we used in the hospital and when he first got home. Then when we ran out of what the insurance paid for and went to the store and found out that NeoSure was more expensive we thought we might give EnfaCare another try since it was mostly a taste issue he had before. He did just fine on the EnfaCare and that is what he stayed on until he was one. What one do you use? Why do you like it? Does the cost play a factor in why you use it?

No comments: